Privacy and Cookies Policy
Here at Pole Emporium we take your privacy seriously and will never share your information with third parties that have no dealing with us
What are cookies?
What are cookies used for?
- To identify you as you travel around our site and to monitor your journey and record sales. This enables us to identify issues and improve our customer journey.
- To provide site usage information, which together with purchase information, will further help us improve and develop the products and services we offer.
- To ensure that items are placed into your Shopping Basket and your order is processed correctly.
- You may change your website browser settings to reject cookies. To learn how to disable cookies or opt out of their usage please visit www.aboutcookies.org. Please note though, that some cookies are essential in order to shop on the Website and in the event you do reject cookies this may impair the functionality of the Website and may mean that you are unable to shop on the Website.
- At no point do our cookies store your personal payment information.
- Our site does use third parties such as Google Analytics and other plug ins to maximize the sites capability. For further information on this please contact us directly.
- All these third parties will have their own cookies and privacy policies which can be viewed on their own websites.
- Pole Emporium have no control or access to the third parties and how they use their cookies
- Payment gateways often share data with the payment provider to process the payment, this is done in order for the payment to complete and go through.
- Shipping extensions often share data with shipping providers to calculate shipping rates or print shipping labels this is so we can calculate your shipping
What Information do we hold, why and for how long? (GDPR 2018)
When you make a purchase with us whether it be by our website or directly with us, there is certain amount of information that we need to be able to process your order and send it out to you.
If making a payment over the phone we would need your billing address (so we know where to send the goods), your card details (so we can process the payment) and your email address (so we can send you a receipt).
No card details are stored by Pole Emporium at any time.
When we take payment over our site your name, address, phone number, email address and card details are all needed to do the following:
Tell us who we are sending the goods to, the address the card is registered to-to help prevent fraud, the postal address details so we can send the goods out to you, your telephone number so we can contact you if there is a problem with the order, your email address so we can email you to acknowledge your order and advise you when it has been sent or if there are any issues with the order. We also store your email address if you have signed up to our newsletters so we can send you emails advising of any offers or promotions that we might have. The card details are needed to be able to take the payment but these are not stored by Pole Emporium.
Face to face cash transactions incur no exchange of customer details.
If a payment for goods is made to us from you via a bank transfer we would need your address to send the goods to you and either a phone number or email address in case we need to contact you with information regarding your order.
All details that have been supplied to us by you when using our site is kept indefinitely on our site unless otherwise requested.
We keep receipts that relate to your purchase and show your house name/number as well as your postcode, to prove that the goods have been posted and in case the goods should not reach you and we have to raise a dispute with the postal company.
We only ever share your information with companies that are related directly to your transaction.
These may be Royal Mail/Courier firm for when we send the goods out to you or when the goods have been lost in transit and it is necessary to raise a dispute
Where you have ordered a product from us which is not held directly in stock and needs to be ordered as a drop ship to your required destination we will need to share your name, address, email and possibly phone number.
This is so your goods can be sent to you, emails confirmation can be sent where necessary and your phone number can be used to contact you should there be an issue with your order.